Like any other lawn equipment, lawn sweepers are important yard maintenance equipment. You can use the best lawn sweeper to effectively remove twigs, grass clippings, leaves, pine needles, and other small and lightweight debris. The best thing about having a lawn sweeper is that it makes work easier and saves your time, so you don’t have to spend all day picking up grass clippings and leaves from your lawn. These yard tools come in different sizes and have different features, which makes each one unique. A perfectly maintained lawn will make your home more attractive. Therefore, I’m sure you will want to do all it takes to ensure that your lawn stays neat, and that is why we have done our research and come up with a list of the best lawn sweepers to make work easier for you. However, before we look into that, we must mention the two types of lawn sweepers.
(i). Tow-Behind Lawn Sweeper
They are also known as pull-behind lawn sweepers. They are run by towing them behind a tractor or riding a lawnmower. Tow-behind lawn sweepers are large. However, they do not need any physical effort to operate and are very efficient in picking up debris and more expensive.
(ii). Push Lawn Sweepers
As the name suggests, a push lawn sweeper is pushed over the lawn to pick loose debris.
Now that you have learned about the two available options of lawn sweepers, I’d like to take you through the best.
1. Sun Joe Electric Scarifier and Lawn Aerator
- Powerful: 12-amp motor rakes a 13″ Wide path to get your job done faster
- Adjustable deck: tailor raking depth with 5-position depth control
- Scarified: use the Scarified function to cut grass roots for thicker…
- Air boost technology: spring Steel tines for maximum thatch pickup
- Accessories: detachable thatch collection bag for easy disposal
If you desire to keep your lawn neat using single lawn equipment, you got the right one already. Sun Joe features an electric scarifier and a lawn dethatcher which ensures your garden is neatly kept. In addition, the high voltage amp motor that it is equipped with ensures you work for hours without putting it under pressure.
It features an Airboost Technology that enhances its raking ability and maximizes the rate at which it collects debris like grass clippings, pine needles, and leaves. The sharp steel tines keep it working well throughout the seasons as they stay sharp for effectiveness. To start this Sun Joe scarifier, you only need to press a button, and it starts instantly. This feature makes it easy to use and control as you can turn it on and off without straining yourself. With Sun Joe, safety is always guaranteed as it has a safety switch that prevents accidental start. The Scarifier has a collection bag which will make our work easier as it collects the
- It is designed for long term use
- Suitable for lawn rejuvenation
- Easy to use
- The collection bag is replaceable
- It features Airboost Technology
- The collection bag fills up quickly
- Your purchase includes One Agri-Fab 44-Inch Lawn Sweeper, 45-0492 model
- Lawn Sweeper dimensions: 78” L x 55” W x 52” H | Carton Dimensions:…
- Height adjustment lever with easy to use indicator will never slip and…
- Improved dump lever can operate without leaving the tractor seat. Entire…
- Brushes should only move during forward rotation. If brushes rotate in both…
Agri Fab is popular for manufacturing yard maintenance tools, and this 45-0492 tow behind lawn sweeper is great for money value. First of all, assembling this unit can take up to 30 minutes. The wheels measure 12 by 3 inches, are semi-pneumatic, and ensure optimal Agri Fab lawn sweeper control.
Agri-Fab 45-0492 lawn sweeper features a universal hitch, which means that you can attach it to any tractor, and it will work perfectly to ensure it sweeps your lawn efficiently. It cleans up the lawn by picking different debris as it has a height-adjustable lever with easy to use indicator, which never slides.
Using this Agri Fab lawn sweeper saves time because you can easily operate the discharge lever without coming off the tractor. You also don’t need tools to fold the sweeper, making it save space during storage. It also has a three-year warranty for you to have full company support.
- It is suitable for all seasons
- It is very efficient
- The lawn sweeper does not require large storage space
- It is compatible with all tractors
- The height is adjustable
- Installation is time-consuming
3. Agri-Fab 45-0320, Lawn Mower and Sweeper 42 In
- ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS (L x W x H): 67.0″ x 51.0″ x 24.0″ | Wheel Dimensions:…
- HOPPER SIZE: 12 cu ft. hopper capacity
- BRUSH to WHEEL RATIO: 4.5 to 1 brush to wheel wheel turning ratio
- ASSEMBLY: Quick and easy assembly; a video instruction guide is available…
- DUMPING: Empty the hopper from the seat of your tractor
Like the AgrFab 0492, this 45-0320 model is suitable for all-year use and will sweep your lawn efficiently. This equipment is a two-in-one unit that includes a lawnmower and a lawn sweeper. In addition, it is a tow-behind lawn sweeper compatible with many tractors, which means many people can use it.
The hopper bag is made from a strong and durable mesh, which collects most grass clippings, pine needles, and leaves. It is easy to use and saves a lot of time. It also does not require a lot of energy as it is a tow behind. To empty the hopper bag, you do not have to get off the truck as the lawn sweeper has a dump rope. Therefore, emptying the bag is easier and less time-consuming. The sweeper, therefore, helps to save time and is suitable for use on big lawns and compounds.
If you are worried about your terrain, that maybe this lawn sweeper may not work on it, you have no reason to worry. Its wheels are semi-pneumatic and are therefore ideal for most terrains. They provide easy movement of the sweeper and will make cleaning your lawn hassle-free and effortless.
- It has a dumping rope
- It collects most debris
- Suitable for use on most tractors
- It has a big sweeper bag
- It features semi-pneumatic wheels
- Instructions may be confusing
- Pulling the dump rope is hard when the sweeper is full.
4. Ohio Steel 50SWP26 Pro Sweeper
- The Size of the sweeper is 42 inch
- 5-position hitch adjustment allows custom fit to all tractor brands.Easy to…
- This product is manufactured in United States
If you are in search of the best lawn sweeper, Ohio Steel 50SWP26 meets all the qualities. It is 26 cubic feet tow behind and is ideal for large areas as it does not need a lot of effort to use. In addition, it is 50 inches wide, which even makes it better for raking larger areas. However, going too fast may send your collected debris flying as the sweeper may not be heavy enough to stay on the ground.
Ohio steel lawn-sweeper has a five-position hitch adjustment, and guess what that does. It ensures the sweeper is compatible with your tractor, no matter the brand or model. The sweeper has rigid brushes, which makes it collect even small objects like small twigs efficiently. You can easily empty the hopper from your tractor seat, which means you will work faster and save more time using the Ohio sweeper.
Attaching this lawn sweeper to your tractor is easy, and you will not have a hard tie doing it. The attachment is reinforced with a no-slip locking system that ensures it does not get out of place during movement. It is suitable for repeated use, so you are assured that it is a great investment.
- It is easy to attach to the tractor
- You can easily empty the hopper from your seat
- It is efficient
- It is compatible with most tractors
- It is highly-priced
- You can move with it fast as that would send the debris flying
5. Brinly STS-42BHDK Tow-Behind Lawn Sweeper with Dethatcher
- Cut Job Time in Half: High-Performance 2-in-1 Sweeper/Dethatcher Enables…
- Multiple Uses: Tines Can Be Raised Via the Adjustment Handle When Not In…
- Transport Mode: The Tines Can Be Locked in Transport Position — With Tines…
- Fast Pick-Up: High-Velocity 6-Brush Design and 5:1 Brush-to-Ground Ratio…
- Less Emptying: Large, Easy-to-Dump 20 Cubic Foot Hamper and 42-inch Sweep…
Brinly lawn sweeper is an efficient yard tool that you will appreciate having a big compound. It features a 42-inch sweeping width, which is a big area to cover in one trip. It is a piece of versatile lawn sweeper as its functions include sweeping, dethatching, and transporting. You will love it more as you don’t have to remove the dethatcher even when you are only sweeping. In addition, you can lift the tines via the adjustment handle when you are not using them.
This tow-behind sweeper is efficient in collecting pine cones, grass clippings, and leaves. It is the best lawn sweeper as it has a high-velocity 6-brush design and a 5:1 brush to the ground ratio, which maximizes its efficiency. Moreover, Brinly STS lawn sweeper features a 20 cubic foot hopper which minimizes the number of times you empty it. The bag is also easy to empty.
The dethatcher has two rows of 12 durable rust-resistant steel tines that will comb the lawn for maximum dethatching. As this lawn sweeper is a two-in-one tool, it cuts the job time in half as you can dethatch and sweep your yard simultaneously.
Storing these tow lawn sweepers is easy as it features a patented upright, folding storage design, which ensures it takes minimal storage space, so even if you don’t have a large space, it will fit in the available space.
- It is highly efficient
- It is durable
- It requires less storage space
- This lawn sweeper has height adjustment features
- It is a two-in-one tow lawn sweeper
- The hooper bag is big, so it requires less emptying
- The instructions are not clear
- Sticks can jam the brushes while in use
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Lawn Sweepers
There are different types of lawn sweepers on the market, and each has different features. Therefore, when you want to buy the best lawn sweeper, some features are important to consider. For example, you can use the best yard sweeper to collect different debris from your compound and dup them easily without getting off the lawn tractor. This section shall discuss the factors that you need to consider when buying the best lawn sweeper. Keep reading.
We already discussed the types of lawn sweepers at the beginning of this article. A push lawn sweeper is manual, and you have to push it from behind to collect debris. With the best push lawn sweeper, you can sweep a large area efficiently, especially if it’s a small lawn. Another type of lawn sweeper is the tow-behind sweepers, which need another machine to pull them as they sweep the debris. Using them is easier, and they are best for maintaining bigger yards due to their efficiency.
b). Sweeping Width
The sweeping width is the surface that the lawn sweeper covers as it makes each pass. The widths vary in size, and they can be as small as 21 inches wide or as large as 52 inches. If you intend to use your lawn sweeper on large yards and lawns, it would be better to use a sweeper with a wide width instead of a smaller one, making you make more trips than you would if you used a yard sweeper with a wider width. However, if your lawn is small, a lawn sweeper with a narrow width will still work well.
When buying a lawn sweeper, you need to assess the wheels. They are usually made of rubber or plastic. Of the two, rubber is more durable and suitable for use in wet areas. Plastic tends to wear out quickly and may not last if it’s rough terrain.
You need to check the size of the wheels as well and ensure that you get a wheel sweeper with large wheels if you intend to work with it on bumpy surfaces. However, if your lawn surface is flat, smalls wheels will be okay. Therefore their size should not worry you at all.
d). Hopper Capacity
The collection bag capacity that you choose will highly depend on what you prefer. For example, a lawn sweeper with a large hopper capacity will need less emptying, but it will also be heavier and difficult to empty if it is full. On the other hand, the smaller hopper bags fill up quickly but are easier to empty because they are not heavy. However, because they fill up quickly, you will need to empty them more often.
Most hopper bags have a capacity of 7 to 25 cu ft. Tow behind lawn sweepers generally has a higher hopper capacity than the push lawn sweepers.
The best lawn sweeper needs to be adjustable, regardless of its type. For pull-behind sweepers, the machine should be adjustable such that it needs to be compatible with different lawn tractors. A universal hitch ensures that the lawn sweeper is compatible with various tractors.
Push lawn sweepers also need to have adjustable handles to be comfortably used by people of different heights. If a push lawn sweeper has fixed handles, it can only be used efficiently by people of the same height. Therefore, it is important to check and ensure that sweepers are adjustable and anybody can use them with any tractor.
In conclusion, you have seen the variety of lawn sweepers available and the best options available. However, researching bout a product before you buy it sometimes takes a lot of time which you may not have. That is why we decided to make that work easier for you by reviewing the best lawn sweepers. I hope reading this article has been helpful.
- Best Blunt Wraps for A Blunt Roll and A Perfect Buzz - July 28, 2021
- Best Fertilizer for Marijuana to Maximize Harvest and Yield - July 9, 2021
- Best Humidifier for Bedrooms to Reduce Dry Air in the Room - July 8, 2021