Last Updated: March 10th, 2019
Cookies and Web Beacons
If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options-
Google provides a suite of tools to control its cookies:
- Google Analytics, which is a tool used to track and report website traffic, provides an out-out browser add-on that can be downloaded here.
- Google Safety Centre has a tool where you can control the ads you see on Google and control the data used for serving ads to you. It can be found here.
Browser-level cookie controls
Most popular browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. We included the links below to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
Contact & Communication
Data Collection and Use
When you use our Services by, among other actions, subscribing to our newsletter, browsing our Site or otherwise interacting with our Services, we gather personal information. This information is necessary for delivering you the Services or enhancing your customer experience.
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several types of personal information can be are gathered when you interact with the Services. Examples of such personal information include your name, email address, demographic data (such as age, gender and zip code) and interests.
We and our service providers collect personal information in a variety of ways including when you:
- Sign up to receive emails, newsletters or other communications;
- Participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions offered via the Services;
- Otherwise communicate with us via the Services; or
- Take a survey offline or participate in an in-person reader interview.
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use or otherwise process personal information as allowed under applicable law, including where based on one or more of the following:
The performance of the contract we have with you;
The legitimate interests of FishingPicks, a third party or yourself. “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under the regulation. It means that there are good reasons for the processing of your personal information and measures are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests. “Legitimate interest” also references our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal information, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure; (2) to administer and generally conduct business within FishingPicks; and (3) to prevent fraud;
The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject; or The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information.
We use personal information to:
- Provide you with content and services that you request;
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies;
- Send you newsletters and emails;
- Provide you with advertising, including advertising based on your activity on our Services or activity on third-party sites and applications;
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries and send you information about features and enhancements of the Services; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
How You Can Access/Change/Delete Your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, object to the processing of personal information, or request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by completing this form.
In your request, please state what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by contacting us at the information listed above.
Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
About Google Advertising
Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this site and other sites that use Google advertising services. Learn how to opt out of Google’s cookie usage. As mentioned above, any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies.
Privacy and Security
Third-party websites (external link)
We may work with third-party advertising companies that may utilize web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, or other similar technologies to better provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These companies do not have access to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other Personal Information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Services. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Amazon Associates Program
WhatforMe.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.*: All price get by Product Advertising API.
Product Reviews and Guideline
Quality cannot beat quantity, and we believe that by heart. In our website, you will get a number of highly rich contents and reviews of different products of your daily use. So as a random visitor, questions may arise in your mind about why should you trust us?
Here is how we work on this–
- We have professionals working for WhatforMe.com who have firsthand experience in their niche.
- Every single review in WhatforMe.com is unbiased and honest. Before creating the content, we make sure to select the best product.
- For many of the products that we review, we do first-hand unboxing. For some products, we’re depended on user’s reviews, manufacturer’s websites, user’s manual
- If we are unboxing any product, a complete team of experts including researchers and editors works together to give you the legit information on the product.
- We have some
the employeewho is working on various sites to collect the entire database of the user reviews and combine them with the experts.