It can be quite uncomfortable living in an area with high humidity levels. This could be a result of the summer warmth or simply the climate of the area.
High humidity can wreak havoc on your home by ruining your fabrics, causing the growth of mold and mildew, and attracting unwelcome visitors like rodents and insects. This can also cause allergies to flare up, thus leading to long-term health issues.
Investing in the best small dehumidifier affords you both portability and convenience. With a mini dehumidifier, you don’t have to worry about moving around as it’s designed exactly for that. However, you do have to pay attention to the size since most are compact and built for small spaces like bathrooms and your laundry room. In addition, some come with water tanks, while others have silica beads. Lastly, they should have a low noise level and be easy to use.
In this article, we feature the best small dehumidifiers and features to consider when using them.
Best Small Dehumidifiers
1. Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier
- Large Coverage 1200-2200 Cubic Feet: The Pro Breeze Dehumidifier can…
- Auto Shut-Off: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and…
- Lightweight, Compact and Portable: Capable of removing up to 9 ounces of…
- Ultra-Quiet & Energy Efficient: Whisper quiet operation in bedrooms,…
- Lowers Humidity: Perfect for high humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom,…
The Pro-Breeze Electric Dehumidifier boasts several features that make it the best small dehumidifier.
The mini dehumidifier can cover spaces of up to 2200 cubic feet/215 square feet. It can effectively emit up to 9 ounces of water per day.
The Pro Breeze features a large 18-ounce capacity water tank with auto-shutoff. When the tank is full, the LED light will turn on, signaling that you need to empty the tank. The dehumidifier will remain off until the tank has been drained.
The mini dehumidifier is lightweight, compact, and portable. In addition, it only effectively works above temperatures of 15°C / 59°F.
The mini dehumidifier is super versatile in that you can use it in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, RV, trailer, garage, closet, cabinet.
- Portable, compact and lightweight
- Has an auto-shutoff feature
- Has a large water tank
- Quiet operation and easy to use
- Not energy star certified
- Does not work below temperatures of 41°F
2. Eva-Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
- EASY TO USE: This mini dehumidifier is spill and mess free. Just hang and…
- MINI DEHUMIDIFIER GOES A LONG WAY: Super dry dehumidifier unit lasts 20-30…
- SMALL, SLEEK DESIGN: This portable small design lets you hang or…
- 100% CORDLESS DEHUMIDIFIER: Moisture out: Cords out! No cables or batteries…
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: SUPER DRY ODOR-FREE LIFE! Our dehumidifiers are…
Eva-Dry ranks highly as the best small dehumidifier when it comes to simplicity and efficiency.
The mini dehumidifier is designed to be a ‘hang and go’ and works for spaces up to 333 cubic feet.
The Eva Dry mini dehumidifier features silica gel beads that absorb moisture and turn from orange to green, letting you know it’s full. It’s a great choice for small rooms as it can swiftly and efficiently absorb up to 4-6 oz of moisture from the air. Once full, the dehumidifier will have to be plugged into an electrical outlet in an area that’s well ventilated so that it can discharge the moisture, recharge itself, and power energy star.
The Eva-dry is cordless, and you don’t need any batteries. It only requires to be charged, and you’re good to go.
- Silica gel beads can last up to 10 years
- Non-toxic and safe to use around pets and children
- Compact and portable
- Cordless and Doesn’t require batteries
- Easy to use
- Takes a while to recharge
- Has a low capacity
3. SEAVON Electric Dehumidifiers
- Efficient dehumidification: This SEAVON small dehumidifier has a 16 oz…
- Ultra-quiet Working: This small dehumidifier has built-in thermo-electric…
- Auto shut-off: Our dehumidifier will automatically stop working when the…
- Easy to use: The dehumidifier has only one switch.You just need to connect…
- Energy-saving and health: This dehumidifier not only in high efficient, but…
If you’re searching for an affordable and high efficient dehumidifier, we’ve got the best small dehumidifier for you.
The Seavon dehumidifier is designed for small spaces as it can cover up to 225 square feet or 2200 cu ft. Its lightweight design makes it ideal for use spaces such as your kitchen, garage, basement, RV, trailer, wardrobe, boat as it’s easily portable. In addition, the dehumidifier utilizes built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology Peltier technology, which is not only extremely energy efficient but is also super quiet, allowing you to run it all day and night without any loud or disturbing noises.
The portable dehumidifier shuts off automatically when the tank is at maximum capacity. It has an LED light that turns red, signaling when the tank needs draining. The tank can store up to 16 ounces of water.
- Auto shutoff feature
- Portable and easy to use
- Quiet operation
- Cleaning the tank is difficult as there’s only a hole to drain the water
4. Tenergy Sorbi Dehumidifier
- Breathe better – Reduce excess moisture and make your living space more…
- Dehumidifier and air cleaner – Tenergy’s portable dehumidifier uses…
- Portable, safe, and easy – Weighing 7lbs, this convenient and energy…
- True HEPA filtration – The true HEPA filter means this dehumidifier can…
- Ultra-quiet operation – The Sorbi silent dehumidifier works at very low…
The Tenergy Sorbyi doubles up as Air Purifier; hence, you’re getting a hybrid model that will not only aid in improving the air quality in your home and help reduce dust mites, pollen, pet dander, and other allergens.
The portable dehumidifier uses Peltier technology and HEPA filtration. In addition, it has a removable 1-liter water tank and can remove 750ml/day in environments with 80% humidity and 86º Fahrenheit.
The Tenergy Sorbi is compact and portable as it weighs 7lbs. It’s also energy-efficient and has an LED indicator, auto-shut-off, and water level sensor. In addition, the mini dehumidifier features a simple plug-and-play design that enables you to keep the air dry, clean, and cozy easily.
It’s designed for spaces like small offices, basements, bathrooms, or closets. It can efficiently work in a room with a square footage of up to 200.
- Features an air purifier
- Very portable and easy to use
- Low noise level
- Some reviews noted that the auto shut off feature stopped working at some point, and the light doesn’t come on
5. InvisiPure Hydrowave Dehumidifier
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Protect your home from mold, mildew, and bacteria caused…
- SMALL & COMPACT – Compact and lightweight so you can easily move it from…
- QUIET & EFFICIENT – Removes up to 27 ounces / 800 ml / 1.7 pints of water…
- AUTO SHUT OFF OR CONTINUOUS DRAINAGE – Automatic shutoff when the tank is…
- FEATURES – The dehumidifier measures 9.8 x 6.1 x 13.9 inches and weighs 5.7…
This is the best small dehumidifier if you generally don’t have the patience or time to empty a water tank every few days.
The dehumidifier is compatible with any 3/8-inch hose, making it easy to dispose of the liquid collected once the tank is full. The pint dehumidifier removes up to 27 ounces / 800 ml / 1.7 pints of water from the air per day based on approximately 86F and 80% relative humidity.
The pint dehumidifier is lightweight and compact, affording you the ease of portability. It can hold up to 2 liters / 0.5 gallon / 64 oz of water.
- Designed for small spaces ( 300 square feet)
- Compact and portable
- Features a hose drain
- Operates quietly
- Some reviews noted that it does not remove as much moisture from the air
- Has low levels of dehumidification
Factors To Consider When Choosing Best Small Dehumidifiers
a) Noise Level
If you’re a light sleeper or you sensitive to noise, this is a feature worth considering. It’s also worth considering if you have children, as some dehumidifiers can be quite noisy. Depending on where you want to place yours, it’s essential to pay attention to the machine’s noise level. If you plan to have it in your bedroom, you’ll want the best small dehumidifier that operates quietly, allowing you to have a restful sleep.
When searching for the best dehumidifiers, one of the ways you can narrow down your selection is by focusing on the size. The size will be determined by the living space or room you want to place the machine in.
For a small space, you’ll be best suited with units capable of removing 25 to 35 pints of moisture per day. For medium to large rooms, you’ll require a 40- to 50-pint capacity per day. As for large or rooms with high humidity levels, you’ll require a large capacity unit rated at 65 to 75 pints per day.
Generally, the higher the energy efficiency of a dehumidifier, the less energy it will consume. This means that you can expect a lower electrical bill. The energy efficiency of dehumidifiers is measured in liters per kilowatt-hour. Hence, the higher the energy factor, the more efficient the unit. To increase your efficiency, choose a machine with a multispeed fan that slows down when moisture levels are relatively low to save energy.
Some dehumidifiers double up as air purifiers hence allowing you to not only have improved air quality but the reduction of moisture in the air. They also help with allergens, minimizing dust mites and pet dander.
e) Water Disposal System
The main purpose of dehumidifiers is to extract moisture in the air, thus improving its quality. Most units will feature a tank that you can remove and drain. These water tanks have a maximum capacity ranging from 10 to 75 pints. The larger the water tank, the more convenient it is for you as you won’t need to empty it often.
Some units feature a built-in pump that will automatically pump the moisture out through the tube to an external drainage point. At the same time, others come with a drain hose capability, thus allowing you to connect the unit to a compatible drain hose. This is great as it frees you from having actually to empty the water tank.
The beauty of a portable dehumidifier is its ease of convenience. You can move around with it, whether you’re on the road or you’re moving from room to room. However, it would help if you kept in mind that you’ll have to remove and carry the water tank every time it’s full, so look for a machine with a tank that is easy to remove, easy to carry, and equipped with a cover to keep water from spilling out as you move it.
f) Easy to Operate
It’s always important to invest in dehumidifiers that are easy to use. In addition, it should have controls that are user-friendly and simple to maneuver. Essentially, the best small dehumidifiers are those that come with as many features as possible.
For instance, water level indicator that lets you know when to empty the water to prevent the overflowing of the water tank, the capacity indicator that lets you know that it’s time to empty the reservoir, or even a handle that will allow you to carry it from one room to another easily.
The Benefits Of A Mini Dehumidifier
1. They Prevent And Inhibit Mold Growth
When the humidity level is high, you’ll begin to notice a musty odor which often gives rise to the growth of mold and mildew. These fungi tend to release foul gases absorbed by the surrounding walls, furniture, and fabrics. It’s not a very conducive environment to live in.
The best dehumidifier can aid in absorbing the excess moisture hence aiding in the prevention of mold growth.
2. Curtail Growth Of Dust Mites
Using dehumidifiers can aid in the growth of dust mites as they tend to love damp spaces.
However, since your machine will be extracting certain ounces of moisture daily, you can fight these invisible germs that like inhibiting bedspreads, mattresses, carpets, and other fabrics and clothing. It can definitely be a great help to those that frequently suffer from allergies.
3. They Reduce Condensation
Dehumidifiers can help reduce condensation, which tends to be a common problem. Whether you’re cooking or taking a bath, you can cause condensation, and some of its initial signs include streaming mirrors and windows. However, prolonged condensation can result in damp patches on the wall, shrinking of wood, peeling of wallpapers, and more. Hence, investing in a pint dehumidifier can come in handy.
4. Improved Air Quality
Some dehumidifiers double up as air purifiers. Not only do they reduce the dampness of the air, but they can make it a lot more refreshing. This can extremely beneficial if you suffer from allergies or live with furry pets that shed a lot. However, it important to note that dehumidifiers that double up as air purifiers will have a white noise effect majorly due to the air purifier.
5. Improved Comfort
It can be quite uncomfortable living in a humid environment.
However, with a dehumidifier, the humidity levels are lowered, thus making the air in your home cooler and more comfortable.
6. Gets Rid of Musty Smells and Odors
A dehumidifier can reduce or prevent musty smells or odors caused by damp climates or excess moisture in the air. In addition, it aids in maintaining a healthy indoor humidity level, thus allowing you to experience a comfortable and breathable environment!
- Best Blunt Wraps for A Blunt Roll and A Perfect Buzz - July 28, 2021
- Best Fertilizer for Marijuana to Maximize Harvest and Yield - July 9, 2021
- Best Humidifier for Bedrooms to Reduce Dry Air in the Room - July 8, 2021