Suppose you need to control and monitor your home’s humidity levels or the humidity levels of a greenhouse or want to ensure your cigars are in perfect condition. In that case, purchasing the best hygrometer is the way out for you. Controlling a poor level of humidity in an enclosed space, room, or building can drastically impact your health or your pet’s and destroy expensive possessions or disrupt your storage conditions. The right level of humidity in the air is important as too dry air can cause various conditions such as asthma, coughs, congestion, and allergies, and high moisture levels can promote disease-causing bacteria.
However, the market is flooded with various hygrometers, and all of them claim to be the best, which can be quite confusing. This article will help you find the best hygrometer for your needs, and it includes a detailed buying guide that will easily help you make an informed decision.
1. Cigar Oasis Caliber IV Digital Hygrometer
- Advanced humidity sensor maintains accuracy to +/- 1%
- Pre-calibrated out of the box + User recalibrate-able
- Three day high/low & averages for humidity & temperature
- Secure magnetic mount, Battery included
- Designed for cigar humidors, wood instruments, herbal storage and green…
Cigar Oasis Caliber IV by Western Humidor is among the best digital hygrometers in the market that will help you maintain your cigar’s quality and shape for years. The digital hygrometer comes pre-calibrated from the box and allows you to recalibrate it whenever you want, and has a functional relative humidity of 20-90% RH. This is the best hygrometer as it comes with three-day high and low averages for both humidity and temperature, and it guarantees your cigars are in the best shape. The device temperatures can be displayed in either celsius degrees & Fahrenheit.
Cigar Oasis Caliber IV by Western Humidor was designed with storage in mind. The thin indoor hygrometer attaches easily inside your cigar box or humidor with the magnetic mount and provides accurate and quick readings for easy storage remote monitoring. The Cigar Oasis offers accurate humidity with a +/- 1% margin error, and while its design is meant for cigar humidors, it can act as wine cellars and household humidity gauges.
- According to the best hygrometer reviews, it is one of the most accurate hygrometers.
- Manual recalibration
- It comes with a secure magnetic mount
- The package includes a battery
- Small and can easily fit any humidor
- Slim profile meant for cigar humidors
- The digital hygrometer has three-day high and low temperature and humidity averages.
- It does not have alert options or do remote reporting
- Lacks the scratch and fog-resistant glass face like the Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer
- The screen is quite small
2. ThermoPro TP55 Digital Hygrometer
- 【Backlight & Touchscreen】Humidity meter with 4” large LCD display…
- 【High Accuracy】Room thermometer indoor is highly accurate to ±1°F/°C…
- 【Responsive Readings】Humidity reader indicate current air condition…
- 【Max & Min Records】Digital thermometer indoor displays MAX & MIN…
- 【Multiple Mounting Options】Wall thermometer features tabletop,…
ThermoPro TP55 indoor thermometer is a humidity gauge that features a Jumbo touchscreen and a backlight humidity and temperature monitor that is very user-friendly. This is the ideal hygrometer for tech-savvy users and is quite large then the typical hygrometers featuring a 4-inch display, making it easy to read especially if you struggle reading screens up close.
The ThermoPro TP55 hygrometer is one of the best hygrometers thanks to the trend display that allows you to adjust your environment before the time, and also it can be placed anywhere so so as it is a flat surface. Additionally, the hygrometer has a daily record report, and you can easily view high and low humidity and temperature level from any day. However, keep in mind that the hygrometer does not display time which reduces its functionality.
- Easy to use
- Multiple mounting options
- Touch screen and a large 4-inch screen display
- The digital hygrometer features a backlight for the dim areas
- Trend display
- Records temperature every 10 seconds
- It has weak glue magnets
- The device does not display the time
3. AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer
- Maintain the Right Room Temperature and Humidity Levels: This Hygrometer is…
- Simple, Easy-to-Read Display: Easily see a snapshot of current conditions…
- Daily High and Low Indoor Temperature and Humidity Levels: Easily…
- Switch Temperature Readings Between Fahrenheit or Celsius: 32 °F to 122…
- Sleek Design with Multiple Placement Options: Use the integrated keyhole…
AcuRite Digital Hygrometer is among the most common hygrometers today because of its budget-friendly price and high accuracy. It’s an all-in-one, user-friendly, compact, and accurate device that comes with an easy-to-read display that allows access to the readings from anywhere.
The AcuRite 00613 device can be placed anywhere s long as it is a flat surface, and it shows a daily record report where you can view your humidity and temperature figures from the day. Additionally, the humidity meter allows a user to match their humidity levels against low, high or suitable conditions but keep in mind that it does not come with instructions, so you will have to figure out how it works on your own.
- Portable and compact
- An accurate hygrometer
- All-in-one thermometer & hygrometer
- It displays daily readings
- Flat stand, clip, and magnet
- Lacks instructions
- No backlight
4. Govee Thermometer Hygrometer
- Easy to Connect: Simply download the Govee Home app, search for and select…
- Accuracy: Built in Swiss made smart hygrometer sensor, the temperature is…
- Large LCD Display: It offers realtime temp/humidity readings with large…
- Smart App Alert: You’ll receive a notification alert once temperature or…
- Free Data Storage: It features 20 days online data storage. You are able to…
Govee Thermo Hygrometer is the best digital hygrometer for someone looking for a hygrometer that can easily read the digital display and cover a long-range. This humidity monitor usually reports readings using Bluetooth to your phone and uses the Govee home app, and has a 260-foot range that allows you to measure humidity even where you are not in the current environment. The indoor hygrometer offers precise humidity readings within 3% humidity and 5 degrees Fahrenheit, and it updates every two seconds to guarantee accurate readings, especially in sensitive environments.
The Govee humidity meter has one of the best hygrometer reviews and also is beneficial with the 20 days of data and has two years of data storage in the app that ensures you have enough data logging. The Govee indoor thermometer will also send push notifications to your smartphone if the temperature or humidity levels exceed your preset range. This remote monitoring helps you adjust the humidity level and stay on top of your humidity temperature.
- It is a smart digital hygrometer
- You can view data from your smartphone
- One of the top hygrometers for monitoring conditions in sensitive areas like greenhouses
- 2 seconds readings updates
- Large display that is easy to read at a distance
- Built-in data storage
- Push notifications when the readings exceed the set range
- Ability to view recent data records
- The smartphone data can only be accessed through Bluetooth and not Wifi
- The range can be affected by obstacles like doors or walls
5. Temp Stick Wireless Remote Humidity and Temperature Sensor
- Remote WiFi temperature and humidity monitor with NO MONTHLY FEES or…
- Sends TEXT MESSAGE and EMAIL ALERTS for high/low temperatures, humidity…
- Check-in remotely from anywhere, anytime using your mobile, tablet or PC….
- Detailed data logging with unlimited history. Accurately monitor conditions…
- Free email support and we answer the phone 7 days a week! Fast,…
Temp Stick Wireless Remote Temperature & Humidity Sensor is a hygrometer suitable for anyone looking for a smart and sophisticated hygrometer for commercial use. Therefore it comes at a high price tag. The wireless hygrometer is a futuristic device with sensors, and it’s a wifi-connected humidity and temperature monitor. While most hygrometers allow readings from only the device, this one allows you to read your data from wherever you are. The indoor and outdoor hygrometer measures temperature and relative humidity with a margin error of ±0.4°C and ±4%RH, respectively, and it can be paired with multiple sensors to track more locations.
Temp Stick digital hygrometer comes with a free downloadable app for your smartphone, and it acts as a temperature and humidity gauge at any given time. The hygrometer also sends alerts for high and low humidity levels, and it also alerts a user when there is a wifi connection loss or low battery. The hygrometer features a one-year battery life that guaranteed you wouldn’t have to switch batteries often, and the device is also covered with a 5-year warranty.
- Temp Stick sends high and low humidity alerts
- Remote monitoring readings from your smartphone
- It is a smart thermometer hygrometer
- Connects to Wifi and can also connect to your PC or tablet
- Can link to multiple remote sensors
- The digital hygrometer has a one-year life
- Unlimited data logging storage
- The package includes the two AAA batteries needed
- The price is on the higher side
- Not compatible with enterprise wifi
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Hygrometers
1. Digital vs. Analog
How much you will enjoy your hygrometer will be determined by how easy it is to read it, and when it comes to reading a hygrometer quickly, an analog hygrometer might take the win. The analog hygrometers usually have a needle that points to the general range of the dial, and it is all you usually need in most cases. The analog dial’s drawback can be hard to tell you the exact reading, but also, the tiny changes in tenths of degrees can be impossible to detect.
On the other hand, digital displays are the most suitable choice for knowing the exact humidity value. With the displays of digital hygrometers, any change in moisture will be detected soon and quite easily because the numbers will change, unlike with the analog hygrometers where there are tiny needle movements. However, a digital LCD display, especially the small or low-quality ones, can be hard to read as some numbers are hard to decipher.
How you will be using your hygrometer should determine the best one for you as it makes the whole difference. For example, checking the conditions inside a reptile tank would require a different hygrometer than monitoring the humidity level of a greenhouse. For most cases, a digital hygrometer that can be placed on a table will be ideal, but you may prefer a small or a hygrometer that does not need a battery for your applications and niche needs. Take into consideration your use of the hygrometer before you choose the one to buy.
Application for basic home use may not be as precise as the one needed for the cigar humidor.
3. Power Source and Battery Life
When using an electrical hygrometer, you need to ensure you are using the right power source for your needs to get the best results. Some hygrometers usually come with a 110-volt electrical adapter that you can easily plug into an electrical outlet, and some have a battery power option that can last for more than six months at a time.
The battery life is especially important for Bluetooth-enabled devices like monitoring a terrarium that you want to keep closed as much as possible. Some models usually use rechargeable batteries, and they can come in handy as long as the battery life can last for some time.
Hygrometers are usually generally consistent and reliable instruments, and most of them usually have a 5% accuracy. To get the best out of your high-quality hygrometer, you should ensure that your choice of hygrometer is within the accuracy range because beyond that, the accuracy will come down to calibration. Suppose you doubt the accuracy of a hygrometer. In that case, you should calibrate it by purchasing a calibration kit from your nearest store, and it will need you to place your hygrometer in a sealed bag for a specific period.
The hygrometer’s reading compared to the kit’s percentage should tell you if you need to calibrate your hygrometer. Notably, digital hygrometers usually have calibration knobs or reset buttons, whereas the analog hygrometers feature an adjustment screw in the back of your hygrometer.
5. Remote Monitoring and Alerts
Monitoring humidity levels can be for personal convenience or comfort, and sometimes it’s required with pursuit or a hobby. For example, when you monitor the cigar humidor, the humidity level can help you know the difference between maintaining or spoiling an expensive collection. It’s worth purchasing a hygrometer that you can check using a remote display or a smartphone to help manage and keep an area in a crucial humidity range.
6. Data Logging
Suppose you want to monitor and control your home’s humidity, whether as a hobby, for health reasons, or any reason, you should collect data. The best hygrometer, in this case, would be one that logs temperature and humidity readings, as this data will help you be aware of environmental trends and maintain a more consistent ambient weather environment.
Some of the best hygrometers usually keep data logs in their respective apps, and this guarantees that you will have up to two years worth of information at your fingertips. Additionally, you can export a spreadsheet of the data, which you can store on your computer or print out.
7. User Interface and Interconnectivity
With the advancement in Wifi, Bluetooth, and smart technology, there are many options available to connect a hygrometer to your technology. Still, many of these hygrometers come with apps that allow you to monitor your humidity levels through Bluetooth on your smartphone. However, note that not all apps have equal function and usability, so you will need to check how usable a hygrometer is before making your purchase.
8. Types of Hygrometers
There are four popular hygrometer types, and they include:
a). Electrical Hygrometers
These are the most used, and these electrical devices measure humidity changes in electrical resistance across a sensor or a semiconductor which is usually caused by the air’s moisture. Most electric hygrometers use batteries for power, and some have Bluetooth that allows you to check your humidity and temperature readings from your smartphone.
b). Mechanical Hygrometers
These mechanical types use organic materials such as human hair or ox gut to control a needle pointing to a humidity scale. When the moisture amount rises, the organic material will absorb the moisture and become heavy, raising the needle. These hygrometers work well both indoors and outdoors.
c). Dew Point Hygrometers
Dew Point Hygrometers feature polished metal mirrors where moisture condenses, but these devices need extreme conditions to monitor humidity and provide accurate readings. They use more of the old school technology and arent used as much anymore.
Psychrometers are not common in greenhouses or kitchens, and they are more common for use in wild firefighting and for detecting danger and the potential for a fire.
- Best Blunt Wraps for A Blunt Roll and A Perfect Buzz - July 28, 2021
- Best Fertilizer for Marijuana to Maximize Harvest and Yield - July 9, 2021
- Best Humidifier for Bedrooms to Reduce Dry Air in the Room - July 8, 2021